Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Now the fun part: Basic configuration of the dv2945se

The reason I wanted to showcase the installation on a dv2945se is that this is a difficult computer to configure.  Whereas Slack has installed both the graphics driver and the wireless card driver on other boxes I use, this one takes some argument.

Argument was an understatement when it came to Slack 13.37.  A brand new version of Slack plus a fussy laptop equaled more frustration than I can cope with during finals.  I fought with it for days to get it to behave, and ultimately I decided to return to Slack 13.0 for the time being.  Sometime in the future I expect I'll return to 13.37 and figure out how to make it behave, but not today.  The following configuration is for Slack 13.0.

Let's bicker, shall we?

User account creation

Getting the GUI up part 1: finding the video card model and make on the dv2945se

Getting the wired Internet connection to work on the dv2945se

No comments: